Fixed: Flickering Lenovo Screen

By: emelieempire on Saturday, October 15, 2016 | 0


I had this really annoying issue with my laptop - the monitor of my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro kept on flickering and it really bothered me. At first I just ignored it because I thought it would just disappear. Then, I somehow started to get used to it. 
But then, there’s this time when I was having the moment of my life feeling the love of Noah and Allie in The Notebook movie (I honestly watched it thrice already) or the funny-giggly story of Adam and Emma in the No Strings Attached film (watched it over 4 times), and this flickering thingy really sort of pissed me off.

I noticed that this issue started after I upgraded its operating system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and fully updated the system and device drivers to the latest version. I have already asked uncle Google about it several times. Well, it told me that I’m not the only who suffered from it because there were also other folks that’s facing the same culprit. It also offered me really lots of solutions; the worst was to send this back to manufacturer or let the Lenovo company know about it then ask for advice. That were pretty clever advices I must say but nah, I just wanted my problem be gone in just a snap. I occasionally wondered if was there an issue with the hardware itself? Should I just let a technician see its condition or consider buying a new one? I came up with different solutions in order to fix it, but only the following helped me:

Disable Panel Self-Refresh:
1. Open Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.
2. Choose Power > On Battery > check "Disable" under Panel Self-Refresh.
3. Click Apply. Then confirm by clicking Yes.



Set Up Refresh Rate from 60p Hz to 48p HZ:
1. Open Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.
2. Choose Display > General Settings > check "48p" under Refresh Rate.
3. Click Apply. 
Your welcome!

You Might Also Like