Female IT Engineer: That’s Me!

By: emelieempire on Thursday, April 13, 2017 | 0

I am an IT Engineer at CROFTi, the techy young lady you wish your one-call-away friend, charr! Baga rah, hahaha!
Well, a lot have asked me lately about where am I working now? What do I do? ... and many more. This post is to answer those questions. I cannot guarantee that I will cover "all" but I hope I hit the important points. Please note that this post contains techy words. I tried my best to make them simpler through integrating them in relevant words and sentences that will be easily understood. I hope I did well. :)

CROFTi is an Australian-based company that specializes in delivering Innovation and technology consulting with business focused outcomes for firms and organization. As a broad and fully integrated company, we offer an array of solutions ranging from IT consulting, IT help-desk support, technical implementation and offshoring teams. And yes, I am one of the people who are responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of IT and computer systems; especially multi-user computers, such as servers.

In simple terms, we offer IT support/service to our clients. Our service include Unlimited IT Support (UIT) , which best means “Ask us whatever IT issues you have and we’ll fix it for you. Request us any IT-related setup/stuff and we’ll have that configured for you. Any time of the day, all year round!” May it be local IT requests, email deliverability and monitoring, web hosting and migrations, server setup and maintenance and much more. Think of it this way, if you are an administrator of your computer who can tweak every configuration in your device, then I am your ninja spirit that can do so much more unimaginable things on your computer and your network. ~wink~ And as usual, I am with my boys squad. Yeah, the only techy-lady in my team and I find it  so amazing! We also have other ladies in the team and they are on project management.

I started working here last March 20, 2017. That is just merely three weeks as to this writing and yet all I can say is “working here is one of the best decisions I made in my life this year”. I find it so amazing that with that small span of time, I am able to learn tons of new IT knowledge, helped lots of users with IT issues, and configured settings I never imagined before. I am happy onboard! It is good to think that I am part of something larger who makes a difference.

I find myself excited every day to come to the office and exert my best when it comes to my responsibilities. I am challenged everyday! It is very nice to work in an environment wherein everyone shares the same vision and is dedicated to the mission. This truly creates a family environment where everybody is there for each other and I find that kind of spirit here.
Not only that, people here are absolutely amazing! Though we are of different races and cultures, everyone is still helpful and supportive. We have the freedom to think outside the box and have all thoughts considered. I am able to use my skills and knowledge as well as push myself in areas that I am unsure of myself.

Communication within the team is convenient. If I want to talk to any of my teammate, I can do that because we work on the same shift with very slight difference.
It is so fulfilling having great colleagues everyday who assist me in times of doubt, appreciate the work that I do and also pat as well as thank me for the hard work at the end of the day. Every day is different and it is a constant adventure here. My job challenges me in different ways. I love it! Cheers to more greatness and challenges!



You Might Also Like